CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

“Pie” Charts!

Just had to share a fun pie chart I’m doing with my kiddos next week.  We will be making pumpkin “pies” (crushed graham crackers, vanilla pudding with a smidge of pumpkin pie from a can, and some whipped cream) thanks to my smarty pants co-worker!  Then, we will create a pie chart of our favorite pie.  The kids will color their piece of the “pie” according to the key and then we will group them together on our chart.  I made the surrounding area look similar to a pie crust just to reinforce that this is a *PIE* chart.  I know they will love it!  We made a quick favorite veggie pie chart today using a simple circle drawn in paint divided into equal-ish parts.  The kids then used the paint bucket to drop color into the “pie pieces.”  Great way to explore graphing with the four-year-olds!

IMG_20111117_115511

I have to say a big thank you to my previous co-teacher who showed me this fun way of creating pie charts with the kids!  Although, we had never made a pie chart about pies with the 5-K kiddos!   Smile 

signature image amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment